The Women’s Steelhead XR Hybrid /Irons are specifically designed for women who want beautiful shaping, playability, greater distance, and superior forgiveness with more feel.
The Callaway Steelhead XR Irons get their shape from one of their most popular irons of all time, the Steelhead X-14. The Steelhead XR’s increased ball speed, distance, and forgiveness come from industry-leading, next-generation 360 Face Cup™ technology. Callaway built the longer irons to launch higher for more carry and distance, and the scoring irons to launch lower for more control and accuracy. The Steelhead XR is packed with distance, forgiveness, and built to score.
The Callaway Steelhead XR hybrid has a compact head, perimeter weighting and low CG which make it easier to send high, long shots. Having longer heel-to-toe and deeper front-to-back measurements, plus a deep-back CG, The Steelhead XR hybrids are more forgiving and easier to launch. By incorporating next-generation Hyper Speed Face Cup technology in the Steelhead XR hybrids Callaway was able to increase the size of the club head. This allows the face to flex and release faster for higher ball speeds, even on off center hits, which in return promotes more distance and greater forgiveness.
- Next-generation 360 Face Cup™ technology
- Increases ball speed with greater efficiency on both center hits and miss-hits for more distance.
- Higher Launch and Better Feel from Steel-Infused Polyurethane Layer
- A bar of steel-infused soft urethane positioned behind the lower portion of the face serves two functions:
- Absorbs unwanted vibration for great feel.
- Adds weight, which lowers the head’s Center of Gravity for faster ball speed on low hits and higher launch characteristics.
- More Forgiveness from Hollow Bore-Thru Hosel Design
- Hollow Bore-Thru Hosel design saves significant weight that’s repositioned in strategic places in the head to create more forgiveness and easier launch.
- More Control and Distance from Progressive Center of Gravity Positioning
- The CG is positioned strategically in each iron to promote easy launch and long carry in the long-irons, easy launch and keen control in the middle-irons, and lower and high-spinning shots in the short-irons.
- More Speed and Distance from a Larger Face and Next-Gen Hyper Speed Face Cup
- Next-generation Hyper Speed Face Cup technology promotes faster ball speed for more distance, especially on off-center hits.
- Easy Launch, High Flight and Long Carry
- Larger head and deep-back CG make XR Steelhead Hybrids easier to launch high for more carry and distance.
- Faster Head Speed for More Distance from Speed Step Technology
- Designed with assistance from aerodynamic experts to promote faster club head speed for more distance.
- Increased Forgiveness from a Refined Head Shape
- Maximizes forgiveness by creating a slightly deeper body and longer blade length for a larger hitting area and higher MOI.